Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Makeup Post: SugarPill Cosmetics (part one)




image posted on my twitter in big thanks to shrinkle for making such beautiful makeup. :D


Notes:
Hi. :D So before I make a post about this product. I purchased this with my OWN moola (money, cash, USD... and so on lol. =_=). I found the site on my own then through YouTube from reviewers and makeup guru's. I'm no professional. Just a plain nerdy girl that is in love with video gaming and makeup thrown in the mix. :D :D lol

What is SugarPill?


SugarPill is a brand new makeup line made by the lovely 'Shrinkle'. Her name is also Amy from what I seen allover the net. I do not know her personally btw. but so far I really admire her. From her outrageous style to her take a second look at her makeup (it's really amazing!)

How I found SugarPill: I found the website months ago when I wanted to find something more bright and pigmented. I came across YouTube and I believe it was xSparkage and Petrilude that did reviews and tutorials on the brand.

Purchasing & Thoughts: I finally decided to buy my own and it only took 3 days tops to get to my house. lol I was really happy with everything. From the minute it entered my house and from opening it to using it. The box, you can tell she and whomever packs it puts it into heart. She even puts stickers everywhere and when you open it there is the order form AND she writes a small note of thanks or if she knows you personally she writes messages so you know it's def her thanking you directly which I really love!

The packaging: The makeup as you can see by pictures below they are SOOOOOOOOOOO cute. Words really can't describe how adorable and artistic they are to me. The cartoon/manga like girl on the packaging was what really caught my attention! I love the black as the main color for the products. The 4-color palette is thick an hefty, the mirror is bigger than the usual makeup mirrors you get from other brands. When I put on makeup I always thought the mirrors on most makeup should be bigger and this mirror is just right! I only fear that I might break the binding of the palette but it's always fixable w/ducktape lol or transfer to a stronger palette. I am a very careful person so I don't really see that happening to me because I take care of my stuff to an EXTREEEEEME. :D Anyway, there is also loose shadows that come in jars 5grams .19oz, then the single pressed shadows that come in 4g .14oz same goes w/the 4-palette. They are the same size as the single pressed shadows.

The price: 4-palette shadows are $34.00, the single shadows are $12.00 as well as the loose shadows at $12.00, you can also purchase 2 different types of false lashes for $8.00 a piece and there is a $1.00 sticker of the cosmetics logo. She also throws in a free sticker w/every purchase. :D

The Shipping: $75 dollars purchase - free ship worldwide! Anything below is a simple $5.00 shipping payment, which is awesome!

Application: Loose Shadow. In terms.. it is loose so you can honestly use this ALONE or dab some water, fix+, or w/e you use to wet your eyeshadows to get them to appear. I used this thing called mark. mist opportunity multi tasking refresher spray..lol. I never used fix+ so I woul believe they work almost the same and it's like water I guess. ANYWAY. :D So I use that, spray a tiny bit on my brush, swivel it on the loose shadow cap and pow! it's on the lids... did I just say pow!? Where did I hear this from... I think I been reading too much OMGTila blogs.. lol. Anyway. :D If you are wondering the spray has kiwi and grapefruit, lemongrass and bamboo extracts. I really love this spray, esp. when it's hot here in Louisiana and I spritz this on my face to get some coolness going, haha. So not to get off subject real quick you can still get it at: www.meetmark.com. The pressed shadows are EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMELY pigmented. Not even exaggerating on this. They are so pigmented. I bought the 4-palette to save more money so I got 8 colorful ones in 2 palettes and 1 matted black. They are a teeny bit chakly, but applies smoothly and very blendable. The loose shaows work the same but I prefer them over one of the other shadows to give it a wet/metallic/sleek/shiny look to the matted. They are seriously fun to work with so I urge you guys that love bright, fun, pigmented types of makeup... this is the real deal!! I don't think I need to look for anything brighter or pigmented. SugarPill is my new love. :] :]


Rating: I think Vegeta has a better way of saying it *click here*

Pictures: (No particular order but pics from unboxing to opening and one swatch pic also.)




I was on my friends blog (www.snakelinksonic.blogspot.com). About to open it! :D


She personally packs and write you a sweet thank you. :D


wrapped in pink tissue paperrrrrrrr =^^=


you know that feeling when you get christmas gifts?
yeah.
i felt this feeling x10.
:D

4-palette "burning heart"



4-palette "sweet heart"


burning heart [left] sweet heart [right]
so preeeetty. O___O



bulletproof (matte black e/s)


bulletproof (matte black e/s) opened! :o


royal sugar, decora, lumi (loose shadows)
5 grams .19 oz


small overview of everything. the boxes are too cute to toss out. i'm going to put them up on my bookshelf as display. i need a bigger bookshelf.. better yet im thinking of getting a 4 drawer acrylic drawer just for these! to show off in my room, haha. they are just too cute not to look at. :)

PICTURE TAKEN WITH FLASH.

[left] pressed shadows from the 4-palette an single. there is no base under, just a swatch from a q-tip. [right] loose shadow left side is plain swatch right side is the wet swatch. it wore a little because the glove i was wearing over it while dying my sisters hair earlier rubbed it off some, but it has a good staying power for sticking onto my hand that long. lol :D

Notice: The title says part one. I plan on purchasing the rest of her makeup line next month. So I will do another blog on it as part two. (I was going to do a video but I'm not so great at explaining things. haha)


WWW.SUGARPILL.NET
*_*

don't wait any longer!
so prettyyyy. haha :3

No comments:

Post a Comment